Just when I thought I’d wasted perfectly luscious bacon and was about to sadly scrape its remains into the garbage… voila! An unexpected idea surfaced.
In the end, it all turned out fantastically.
To err is human; to save the (burnt) bacon, divine.
Here’s what you can do when you’ve burnt the bacon and you think all hope is lost:
Mashed Cauliflower “Faux-Tatoes” with Blue Cheese and Crumbled Bacon
- Cauliflower, steamed (1 head or frozen package)
- 1/2 to 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1-2 tbsps butter (or bacon grease for more flavor!)
- 2 tsp minced garlic / 4-5 fresh cloves, pressed
- salt, to tate
- crumbled, cooked bacon – mine was burnt, yours doesn’t have to be 😉
- Steam the cauliflower until tender.
- Transfer cauliflower to a bowl, food processor, or blender.
- Add blue cheese crumbles, butter/bacon grease, garlic, and salt.
View original post 11 more words