Just the other day I came across with a recipe with one of my all time favourite foods: Bacon. I just had to try it!
You can find the original recipe here in which I made some changes.
- 13+/- strips of bacon
- 600 g of turkey meat
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 jalapeno, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 200 g of brie cheese crumbles
- bacon crumbles, just enough to add some taste
- Dice all the stuffer ingredients in the food processor (it couldn’t get easier than this).
- Make the Bacon Weave.
- Roll out the turkey meat into a rectangle that’s just smaller than the bacon weave. I used an non adherent paper for this and the following steps.
- Spread your stuffer ingredients over the bottom 2/3 of the rolled out turkey meat, leaving a little room around the edges.
- Start rolling the meat so that it involves the stuffer ingredients until it has the form of a loaf .
- Carefully place the roll on the weave, about a strip in from one end.
- Slowly allow the weave and meat to roll.
- Cook at 250º for approx 2 hours, or until meat starts to cook. Allow the bacon to crisp.
Hope you like my new experiment.
We surely loved it.
Kiss kiss bye bye